Oncology Informatics Lead
Dr. Adam Yan is a Staff Oncologist at SickKids and an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto. Dr. Yan completed his residency in Paediatric Hematology/Oncology at SickKids. Dr. Yan then went on to complete a Clinical Informatics Fellowship at Boston Children's Hospital and a Masters of Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Yan practiced at Boston Children's Hospital prior to joining the faculty at SickKids. Dr. Yan is one of the few Canadian physicians with formal training in Clinical Informatics and is the Oncology Informatics lead at SickKids. Dr. Yan is working to improve the use of digital health tools to enhance child care in Canada.
2009–2012: Bachelor of Science, Western University, London, ON, Canada
2012–2016: Bachelors of Medicine in Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
2012–2016: Doctor of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
2021–2023: Masters of Biomedical Informatics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, U.S.
Postgraduate and Specialty Training:
2016–2019: Paediatric Resident, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
2019–2022: Paediatric Hematology/Oncology Fellow, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
2021–2023: Clinical Informatics Fellow, Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, U.S.
2023: Boston Combined Residency Program Faculty Feedback Honor Roll
2022: American Society of Hematology Annual Conference Abstract Award
2021: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Professional Development Award
2021: Communicator Award, The Hospital for Sick Children Division of Hematology/Oncology, Toronto, ON, Canada
2020: Communicator Award, The Hospital for Sick Children Division of Hematology/Oncology, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Yan AP, Parsons C, Caplan G, Kelly DP, Duzan J, Drake E, Kumar R. Improving guideline-concordant thromboprophylaxis prescribing for children admitted to hospital with COVID-19. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2023 Feb;70(2):e30112. doi: 10.1002/pbc.30112. Epub 2022 Dec 10. PMID: 36495543; PMCID: PMC9878135.
- Yan AP, Zipursky AR, Capraro A, Harper M, Eisenberg M. Pediatric Emergency Department Sepsis Screening Tool Accuracy During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Pediatrics. 2022 Jul 1;150(1):e2022057492. doi: 10.1542/peds.2022-057492. PMID: 35502122.
- Yan AP, Chen Y, Henderson TO, Oeffinger KC, Hudson MM, Gibson TM, Neglia JP, Leisenring WM, Ness KK, Ford JS, Robinson LL, Armstrong GT, Yasui Y, Nathan PC. Adherence to surveillance for second malignant neoplasms and cardiac dysfunction in childhood cancer survivors: A Childhood Cancer Survivor study. Journal of Clinical Oncology. May 2020;38(15):1711-1722.
- Yan AP, Mousseau S. The training and credentialing of physician informaticists in Canada. Can Med Educ J. 2022 Sep 1;13(5):111-113. doi: 10.36834/cmej.75026. PMID: 36310903; PMCID: PMC9588186.
- Yan AP, Carcao M, Nagy A, Punnett A. How I approach: The workup and management of patients with progressive transformation of the germinal center. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2022 Aug;69(8):e29638. doi: 10.1002/pbc.29638. Epub 2022 Mar 16. PMID: 35293684