Mental Health Strategy
Better Mental Health. A Better World.
Our mission: Achieve unprecedented outcomes in child and youth mental health through collaborations, innovations and partnerships.
Partnerships: Realizing our vision will require close collaborations with SickKids hospital services, The Garry Hurvitz Centre for Community Mental Health, Learning and Research Institutes, community mental health agencies, child welfare, community hospitals, the developmental sector, education, children, youth and their families.
Improving mental health
SickKids is uniquely positioned to improve the mental health care of all our patients through innovation in service models, in research, through the training of the next generation of mental health providers and by supporting system transformation through evidence, influence and modelling systemic change.
This strategy reflects the priorities and aspirations of youth, families, inter-professional providers, scientists and community leadership. It reflects SickKids commitment to improving the quality of care and responsiveness to the issues of equity, diversity and inclusion.
Partnerships and network
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Child and Youth Acute Care Collaborative (CAYACC)
- Children’s Healthcare Canada
- Children’s Mental Health Ontario
- Edwin S.H. Leong Centre for Healthy Children
- Garry Hurvitz Centre for Brain and Mental Health at SickKids
- The Garry Hurvitz Centre for Community Mental Health
- Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health
- SickKids Department of Collaborative Care - Psychology
- SickKids Department of Collaborative Care - Social Work
- SickKids Department of Psychiatry
- University of Toronto - Department of Psychiatry
- University of Toronto - Division of Child & Youth Mental Health