Pharmacy & Prescriptions at the SickKids Shoppers Drug Mart
The SickKids Shoppers Drug Mart is a full-service outpatient pharmacy catering to the needs of patients, families, employees and the general public. Pharmacists are available to answer your health-related questions. In addition to pharmacy services, Shoppers Drug Mart carries everyday essentials including toiletries, snacks and personal hygiene products.
Please allow 24 hours for prescription refills or 72 hours for specialized paediatric compounds. This location is closed statutory holidays; please plan ahead for prescription pick-up or delivery arrangements.
This Shoppers Drug Mart is owned and operated by SickKids, and all proceeds support patient care. All drug plans are accepted.
Main Floor, Black Wing
- Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed statutory holidays
If you are unable to come into the hospital for prescription pickup, please contact the pharmacy to arrange for home delivery. Next-day delivery (requests accepted Monday through Thursday) is available through our shipping partner, Purolator. Cost of shipping is based on weight, size, dimensions and destination.
Follow these steps to request delivery
Step 1. Request refills by phone, or online by email or through the Shoppers Drug Mart app. Note: New prescriptions cannot be filled by phone/email/app. Please bring them to the pharmacy to be filled.
We can serve you better if you can provide the following information:
- Your name
- Telephone number
- Shipping address for delivery
- Name of patient requiring prescriptions filled at the SickKids Shoppers Drug Mart
Step 2. A member from our pharmacy team will call you within one business day to confirm your request, fill your prescription and process your credit card payment. All major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard and Amex) are accepted, while debit cards (including Visa Debit) will not be accepted.
Step 3. Our shipping partner, Purolator, delivers the package to you. You must sign for your package.
Important to note:
- Due to increased demand for delivery services in Toronto and across Ontario, delivery times may be longer. Please know that our team and our shipping partner are working hard to get your package to you as quickly as possible
- Allow extra time if your delivery address is in a remote postal area
- The SickKids Shoppers Drug Mart is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen packages once they have left our store
How to refill your prescription
You can easily refill with your Shoppers Drug Mart online prescription refill account, set up email or text prescription notifications and view your child’s prescription history.
Re-order your prescription refill by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know the prescription numbers of the items that you wish to order, the requested pick-up time and your phone number. A member of our pharmacy team will call you back to confirm within 24 hours.
Refill your prescription by phone at 416-813-6700.
- Use our automated telephone refill system. This system is available 24 hours a day and requires that you know your prescription number. Please allow 24 hours for prescription refills or 72 hours for specialized paediatric compounds;
- Or speak with a pharmacy staff member during listed open hours;
- You can also leave a message on our voicemail system. Our team will do our best to return your call within 24 hours.