CIRCLES: Circumcision Learning Experience Using Simulation Workshop
CIRCLES is a two-day workshop that provides comprehensive simulation-based training and education related to the neonatal circumcision procedure. This workshop involves multiple phases of training and evaluation that will facilitate skills development for novice or intermediate providers of neonatal circumcision.
- Day one: Full-day, offered in-person. Course materials will be provided on site for in-person participants.
- Day two: Half-day, offered in-person at the circumcision clinic at SickKids. Learners will have an opportunity to observe a live circumcision (some conditions apply).
CIRCLES follows an International Network for Simulation-based Paediatric Innovation, Research, and Education (INSPIRE) procedure training framework. The main goal of the INSPIRE framework is to improve clinical success rates and outcomes of paediatric procedures.
CIRCLES offers a unique learning experience through structural training with both simulation and clinical observership. Some key aspects of neonatal circumcision that CIRCLES will cover include:
- Diagnosing for suitability and unsuitability
- Obtaining informed consent
- Regional penile nerve block in neonates
- GOMCO (Yellen-Style) and Mogen (Bronstein-Style) methods
- Preoperative and postoperative care guidelines
- Identifying and managing adverse events
Novice or intermediate providers of neonatal circumcision (e.g., residents, fellows, family physicians, paediatricians, general surgeons, etc.)
Upon completion of this workshop, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the key aspects of the neonatal circumcision procedure
- Diagnose for suitability and unsuitability for neonatal circumcision
- Identify the prerequisites of effective informed consent
- Perform regional penile nerve block in neonates
- Demonstrate GOMCO (Yellen-Style) and Mogen (Bronstein-Style) methods of neonatal circumcision
- Identify and integrate postoperative care guidelines following neonatal circumcision
- Identify and manage adverse events resulting from neonatal circumcision
Course fee: $2,800.00
Register for the next CIRCLES workshop
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the courses we provide or need assistance with registration.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 416-813-7654 ext. 414658