Rental housing for staff
SickKids offers dedicated rental housing accommodations for new SickKids professional staff. The Alan Brown Building is located in downtown Toronto, just across Elm Street from SickKids. Our temporary and affordable units are home to many physicians, scientists, nurses and other professional staff coming from across Canada and abroad. Proudly owned and operated by the hospital, all proceeds support patient care at SickKids.
SickKids has engaged Colliers International to manage the Alan Brown Building. When it comes to understanding the unique needs of our community, this property management team provides exceptional customer service.
Alan Brown Building
77 Elm Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1H4
The Alan Brown Building is an 18-storey residential building with 118 units including bachelor, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., by appointment only.
Email Property Administrator or call for bookings.
Phone: +1 289 777 2660
Did you know?
Built in 1982, this residential building is named in honour of Dr. Alan Brown who served as SickKids’ Physician-in-Chief from 1919 to 1951.
Rental rates as of July 1, 2022
Please note: rates subject to change without notice. The monthly rental fee does not include cable (TV), phone, Internet, electricity, parking or mandatory apartment/content insurance. Additional monthly premiums apply for renovated apartments and those with direct garden terrace access.
Designed for a single working professional, each apartment has a separate living area for a small bedroom.
- Approximately 480-500 square feet
- $1,452.00 for a Studio (unrenovated)
- $1,719.00 for a Studio (renovated)
- $1,511.00 for a Studio with terrace (unrenovated)
- $1,744.00 for a Studio with terrace (renovated)
Additional images - studio suite
Designed for a single working professional, a couple or a small family.
- Approximately 680-780 square feet
- $1,761.00 for a 1-Bedroom (unrenovated)
- $2,033.00 for a 1-Bedroom (renovated)
- $2,090.00 for a 1-Bedroom with terrace (renovated)
Additional images — Renovated one-bedroom suite
Additional images — Renovated one-bedroom suite with terrace
Designed for families or those who would like a little more space.
- Approximately 960-990 square feet
- $2,205.00 for a 2-Bedroom (unrenovated)
- $2,497.00 for a 2-Bedroom with terrace (renovated)
Additional images — Two-bedroom suite
- New kitchens, bathrooms and fixtures
- Stainless steel appliances
- Fresh paint, new light fixtures and interior doors
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring
- Roller window shades
- Cleaned, freshly painted and repaired as required
- White appliances
- Carpet and tile flooring
- Roller window shades
Learn more about the common spaces and building amenities at the Alan Brown Building.
The Alan Brown Building boasts a lovely outdoor terrace six floors up, on the south side and includes a large picnic area and playground. The terrace is landscaped and designed to provide a unique, quiet 'green space' in the middle of the city.
Exclusively available to Alan Brown Building residents, this fitness facility has a treadmill, cross-trainer, three-station universal gym, full set of hand weights, weight bench, exercise mats and a television.
No need for a gym membership, save your money and exercise at home!
- A refrigerator and range (also known as a stove/oven/cooker)
- Three-piece bath (includes sink, toilet and shower)
- Bright and airy layouts
- Ample in-unit storage solutions
- Wall-to-wall windows with roller window shades
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Cable hook-up available
- Furnished: No
- Water included: Yes
- Utilities included: No
- Personal outdoor space: Direct garden terrace access available in select units (direct terrace access suites have their own personal outdoor space)
- Parking: Yes. Monthly parking permits are available for purchase to access indoor resident parking.
- Laundry: Shared on-site facilities with text notifications when your laundry is ready.
- Safe neighbourhood
- Bicycle storage
- 24-hour security desk
- Well-maintained building
Thank you for considering the Alan Brown Building as your new home. It is best to apply as early as possible as your place on the waiting list will be determined by the date when you apply. Our Property Management team accepts applications throughout the year.
- Completed Application for Occupancy
- Completed Departmental Application for Occupancy Form. This form must be completed on your behalf to verify your proof of employment at SickKids. Please ask your SickKids department to fill out the form on your behalf.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The personal information contained on this form is collected in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, for the processing of your application for occupancy. Questions about this collection can be directed to the Property Administrator.
The residents at the Alan Brown Building will tell you that we’re not just a residence but also a community. Our visitors come from all around the country and across the world, and we all share a common connection at SickKids.
Enjoy some of Toronto’s most popular retail, dining and entertainment venues within walking distance or take the nearby streetcars or the local subway to explore the city.
Right in the heart of downtown, the Alan Brown Building is steps away from local landmarks including Yonge-Dundas Square, Toronto Eaton Centre, Nathan Phillips Square and boasts one of the most beautiful views of the city.
The location offers easy access to a variety of transportation options: the Toronto Bus Terminal is located half a block away; the subway is one block away; the main train station, Union Station, with express airport transportation, is a few subway stops away.
- Restaurants and museums
- Schools and child care
- Shopping and grocery stores
- Public transportation including trains, buses and the subway
- Community centres and libraries
- The University of Toronto
Frequently asked questions
To find out if you are eligible to apply, please see the occupancy guidelines listed below or contact us.
The Alan Brown Building is an option for SickKids professional employees seeking temporary accommodations in Toronto.
Occupancy at the Alan Brown Building is reserved for:
- SickKids fellows, residents, PhD students and observers arriving from either other cities or overseas, and limited to the period of their fellowship, residency or study period.
- Nurses hired by SickKids, who are relocating from another city. Occupancy may be limited to a 12-month period in order to provide assistance in finding accommodation somewhere else in the city in the interim.
- Other professional staff hired by the hospital, who are relocating from another city. Occupancy will be limited to a 12-month period in order to provide assistance in finding accommodation somewhere else in the city in the interim.
SickKids may offer short-term accommodation to other individuals whose circumstances meet the spirit and intent of the Alan Brown Building and the Occupancy Policy. Each applicant will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The assignment process is managed by Property Management (Colliers International).
- Based on available space during your desired rental period, you will be notified of your application status by email approximately 60 days in advance of your requested move-in date.
- After you’ve confirmed your intent to move into the Alan Brown, you will be assigned a specific unit and receive an online offer for your review and signature.
- Space will be offered in waitlist order, as it becomes available through cancellations.
You may indicate up to three preferences for apartment types, however final apartment assignment depends on availability during your desired rental period.
- If your first preference is available, the unit type will be assigned to you.
- If your first preference is not available, then the second preference will be assigned and so on.
- In the event you have not been assigned your first preference, you will have the opportunity to stay on a waiting list for your first preference of apartment type. If it becomes available during your rental period (before or after moving into the Alan Brown Building), you may switch to the first preference as soon available.
Throughout the year, we may receive more applications than we have units available. In the event that an apartment is not available for the rental period requested, you will be placed in sequence on a waiting list. Property Management will work to assign preferred accommodations in the order of the waiting list, as soon as they become available, for up to 60 days past your requested move-in date.
If you want to keep your application active 60 days past your original requested move-in date, you may continue renewing your spot on the waiting list. If you are not notified within the 60 days, you must email Property Management to stay on the waiting list and continue to be considered for another 60-day period if/when a unit becomes available. If a unit opens up, we will email an offer with an expiry date to respond.
It is important to understand you will be removed from the waiting list if you do not contact Property Management to renew your spot on the waiting list for every 60-day interval.
Accept your apartment offer by responding to the official email offer.
After your accommodation offer has been accepted, the next steps would be to arrange your deposit payment* and review the license agreement that will be delivered to your preferred email. You must read and accept the terms of the license agreement
*The deposit payment, which includes 1st month’s rent, last month’s rent and a security/damage deposit, must be submitted in full to secure your accommodation. Please note that the Alan Brown Building as a temporary residence has different rules and regulations than those contained within the Ontario Residential Tenancies Act.
You will be informed of the unit type you are assigned (bachelor, 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom traditional or renovated) in the email you will receive from Property Management (Colliers International).
Applications are received year-round and are submitted even a year in advance. This means a waiting list is established well ahead of the desired accommodation start date. It’s never too early to apply!
Preparing to move in
Confirmed residents will receive a move-in package from Property Management (Colliers International) by email. In this booklet, you will find detailed information about paying fees and what to expect for your moving day. Read on for a handy checklist.
Before your arrival to Toronto and the Alan Brown Building
- Sign and have witnessed two original license agreements.
- Set up your electricity account with Toronto Hydro at 416-542-8000 or visit the Toronto Hydro website
- Sign up for Electronic Funds Transfer (electronic funds transfer, or EFT, from a Canadian bank account). This form will be emailed as part of your welcome package.
- Submit your most up-to-date contact information to Property Management (Colliers International). A Resident Contact Information form will be emailed as part of your welcome package.
- Contact Property Management with exact date of arrival if later than the apartment assignment date, so that arrangements can be made to collect apartment keys and information.
- Arrange personal apartment services if you wish (phone, television, internet).
- Book the moving elevator by contacting Property Management. You will need to provide the expected date and three-hour timeslot of delivery for any moving boxes or furniture.
To secure a monthly parking spot, stop by the Precise ParkLink Office located on Level P1 of the Atrium Parking Garage under the main hospital campus. The cost is $200 per month (parking rates subject to change).
Monthly payment is by credit card only which must be registered online with Precise ParkLink. Property Management must verify that you are a building resident, so that you do not have to join the staff parking waiting list.
Be sure to notify Property Management before visiting the Precise ParkLink Office so that your status as a current resident can be verified on your behalf.
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST by appointment only
Phone: +1 289 777 2660
Colliers Service Centre