Stacy is an ABGC and CAGC-certified genetic counsellor who completed her M.Sc. in Genetic Counselling at McGill University. She joined the Department of Genetic Counselling at SickKids in 2000 working within the Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics. Stacy was appointed Director of the Department of Genetic Counselling at SickKids, and Program Director of the M.Sc. Program in Genetic Counselling at the University of Toronto in 2020. Stacy is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Molecular Genetics at the University of Toronto.
- 1993–1996: M.Sc., Biology, McGill University
- 1996–1998: M.Sc., Genetic Counselling, McGill University
- 2020: Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics, Interprofessional Teaching Award
- Nfonsam L, Huang L, Carson N, McGowan-Jordan J, Beaulieu Bergeron M, Goobie S, Conacher S, McCarty D, Benson L, Hewson S, Zahavich L, Sinclair-Bourque E, Smith A, Potter R, Ghani M, Bronicki L, Jarinova O. ALU transposition induces familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2020 Jan;8(1):e951. Epub 2019 Sep 30.
- Inbar-Feigenberg M, Blaser S, Hawkins C, Shannon P, Hewson S, Chitayat D. Mitochondrial POLG related disorder presenting prenatally with fetal cerebellar growth arrest. Metab Brain Dis. 2018 Aug;33(4):1369-1373. Epub 2018 Mar 25.
- Hewson S, Brunga L, Ojeda MF, Imhof E, Patel J, Zak M, Donner EJ, Kobayashi J, Salomons GS, Mercimek-Andrews S. Prevalence of Genetic Disorders and GLUT1 Deficiency in a Ketogenic Diet Clinic. Can J Neurol Sci. 2018 Jan;45(1):93-96. Epub 2017 Nov 16.
- Sondheimer N, Hewson S, Cameron JM, Somers GR, Broadbent JD, Ziosi M, Quinzii CM, Naini AB. Novel recessive mutations in COQ4 cause severe infantile cardiomyopathy and encephalopathy associated with CoQ10 deficiency. Mol Genet Metab Rep. 2017 Sep;12:23-27. eCollection 2017 Sep.
- Hewson S, Puka K, Mercimek-Mahmutoglu S. Variable expressivity of a likely pathogenic variant in KCNQ2 in a three-generation pedigree presenting with intellectual disability with childhood onset seizures. Am J Med Genet A. 2017 Aug;173(8):2226-2230. Epub 2017 Jun 11.