Vitamin D, 1, 25 Dihydroxy, plasma or serum
Calcitriol; Vitamin D; 1,25-Dihydroxy Vitamin D; 1,25-Dihydroxycholecalciferol; 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3
Method: Chemiluminescence immunoassay
Equipment: Diasorin Liaison XL
Serum, or plasma (heparinized)
- Separate serum or plasma from cells as quickly as possible after collection.
- Ship frozen.
- Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
The 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D (1,25-Vit D) test may be requested for the following conditions:
- Unexplained hypercalcemia, particularly if PTH is low (or inappropriately normal), such as if hypercalcemia occurs with sarcoidosis or cancer
- To help in the diagnosis and treatment of rickets, in the case of deficient renal conversion of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D to 1,25-Vit D (Rickets Type I) or deficient response (Rickets Type II).
- To monitor the renal endocrine reserve for 1,25-Vit D production in patients with primary kidney disease and secondary hyperparathyroidism.
- In the diagnosis and monitoring of various forms of hypoparathyroidism
Browse tests by laboratory
Toll Free: 1-855-381-3212