Project Investigator, Child Health Evaluative Sciences
Site lead/Investigator, TargetKids! Research Network
Chair, Community Paediatrics Committee, Canadian Paediatric Society, Canada
Past Chair, Community Paediatrics Section, Canadian Paediatric Society, Canada
Chair, Science Review Committee, The Applied Research Group – TargetKids!, SickKids Research Institute and Applied Health Research Centre St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto, Ontario.
Dr. Wong graduated from the University of the West Indies before obtaining postgraduate training in Paediatric Medicine, Critical Care and Cardiology at SickKids. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and Fellow of the American College of Preventive Medicine. His experience in public health extends from an MPH/PhD/MPA(c) to leadership and governance. He serves as Director, Board of Health, City of Toronto. He has been recognized for his service by the American College of Preventive Medicine, City of Toronto, Canadian Paediatric Society and Ontario Medical Association.
Dr. Wong’s research interests include early childhood determinants of health; cardiometabolic health; and the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on child health and racialized communities.
- 2021: Sustained Excellence in Community-Based Teaching Award. Temerty Faculty of Medicine Teaching, University of Toronto
- 2020: Emeritus Member, Canadian Paediatric Society
- 2020: Community Paediatrics Undergraduate Teaching Award, The Hospital for Sick Children, Department of Paediatrics University of Toronto
- 2020: Clerkship Peters-Boyd Academy Teaching Award for Clerkship, University of Toronto
- 2020: Individual Teaching Award, Wightman-Berris Academy, University of Toronto
- 2020: RCPSC Regional Professional Development Grant
- 2019: Fellowship Medal, American College of Preventive Medicine
- 2019: Outstanding Citizen Contribution, City of Toronto
- 2019: Community Research Spotlight, PSI Foundation
- 2017: Community Paediatrics Service Award, Ontario Medical Association
- 2017: Certificate of Merit, Canadian Paediatric Society
- 2015: Glenn Sawyer Service Award, Ontario Medical Association
- Wong PD, Parkin PC, Moodie RG, et al. Total Breastfeeding Duration and Household Food Insecurity in Healthy Urban Children. Academic Pediatrics. 2019;19(8):884-890. doi:10.1016/j.acap.2019.02.009
- Wong PD, Anderson LN, Dai DD, Parkin PC, Maguire JL, Birken CS, Lau E, Laupacis A, Salter M, Szatmari P, Weir S. The association of breastfeeding duration and early childhood cardiometabolic risk. The Journal of Pediatrics. 2018 Jan 1;192:80–5.
- Wong PD, Birken CS, Parkin PC, Venu I, Chen Y, Schroth RJ, Maguire JL, Abdullah K, Anderson LN, Borkhoff CM, Carsley S. Total breast-feeding duration and dental caries in healthy urban children. Academic Pediatrics. 2017 Apr 1;17(3):310–5.
- Khoury M, Rodday AM, Mackie AS, Gill P, McLaughlin T, Harris KC, Wong PD, McCrindle BW, Birken CS, de Ferranti SD. Pediatric Lipid Screening and Treatment in Canada: Practices, Attitudes, and Barriers. Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 2020 Sep 1;36(9):1545–9.
- Khurana P, Cushing SL, Chakraborty PK, Dunn JK, Papaioannou VA, Moodie RG, Papsin BC, Wong PD. Early hearing detection and intervention in Canada. Paediatrics & Child Health. 2021 Jun;26(3):141–4.