Scientist, Child Health Evaluative Sciences, SickKids Research Institute
Adjunct Scientist, ICES
U of T Positions
Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics
Associate Member (Status), Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
Associate Member (Status), Institute of Medical Science
Dr. Rayzel Shulman received her undergraduate degree in Biology at McGill University, her medical degree at McMaster University in 2004, and her PhD in Health Services Research from the Institute for Health Policy, Management and Evaluation at the University of Toronto in 2015. She trained in Paediatrics and Paediatric Endocrinology at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids).
She is currently a staff physician in the Division of Endocrinology, Department of Paediatrics and Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics and Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation (status only) at the University of Toronto. She is a Scientist in the Child Health Evaluative Sciences program at the SickKids Research Institute and an Adjunct Scientist at ICES. Dr. Shulman is a National Consultant Editor for the Canadian Journal of Diabetes.
Dr. Shulman’s research program is focused on developing and evaluating health services interventions to improve health outcomes and the quality of care for youth living with diabetes. Her areas of focus include transition to adult care and understanding and reducing disparities in diabetes care and outcomes.
- 2009–2015: PhD, Health Services Research (concentration in Health Policy), Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2008–2009: M.Sc., Health Research Methodology, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON (Degree not completed-credits transferred to PhD).
- 2001–2004: MD, Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
- 1998–2004: B.Sc, Biology, Faculty of Science, McGill University, Montreal, QC
- 2015–Present: Staff Physician, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2020–Present: Scientist, SickKids Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2017–Present: Adjunct Scientist, ICES, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2015: John Bailey Resident Research Award, Canadian Pediatric Endocrine Society (CPEG)
- 2010–2015: Doctoral Award, Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Program (CCHCSP)