Dr. Lusia Sepiashvili is a Clinical Biochemist at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) where she acts as a scientific resource and provides oversight over various sections of the Clinical Biochemistry Division as part of the Department of Paediatric Laboratory Medicine. Prior to her current role, she completed a postdoctoral fellowship in Clinical Chemistry at Mayo Clinic, Rochester.
Her research interests are in the field of clinical chemistry and encompass clinical mass spectrometry, endocrinology, autoimmunity, and immunology with the overall aims to advance novel diagnostic techniques and biomarkers into clinical use and improve quality of clinical lab tests.
- 2019–2020: Chair, American Association for Clinical Chemistry New York Upstate Local Section
- 2018–2019: Program Chair, American Association for Clinical Chemistry New York Upstate Local Section
- Chesover, A.D., Millar, H., Sepiashvili, L., Adeli, K., Palmert, M., Hamilton, J. Screening for Non-Classic Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia in the Era of Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry. J Endocrine Society. 2019 Dec 18;Epub
- Sepiashvili, L., Kohlhagen, M.C., Snyder, M.R., Willrich, M.A.V., Mills, J.R., Dispenzieri, A., Murray, D.L. Direct Detection of Monoclonal Free Light Chains in Serum by Use of Immunoenrichment-Coupled MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry. Clin Chem. 2019;65(8):1015-1022.
- Kaufmann, M., Sepiashvili, L., Singh, R.J. Mass spectrometry assays of vitamin D metabolites. In: Feldman, D., Pike, W., Bouillon, R., Giovannucci, E., Goltzman, D., and Hewison, M., Vitamin D. 4th Edition. Volume 1. San Diego (USA): Academic Press; 2017.
- Frazer-Abel, A, Sepiashvili, L, Mbughuni, MM, Willrich, MA. Overview of Laboratory Testing and Clinical Presentations of Complement Deficiencies and Dysregulation. Adv Clin Chem. 2016;77:1-75.