Title: Staff Physician, Division of Cardiology
Alternate Contact Name: Sue Morton
Alternate Phone: 416-813-7654 ext. 202459
Alternate Email: Sue.email@example.com
U of T Positions: Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics
Jennifer Russell graduated with her MD degree from the University of Ottawa after completing a B.Sc. at the University of Calgary. She completed her paediatric residency at the Children's Hospital of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC.
Russell received her paediatric cardiology fellowship training at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) after which she joined the cardiology staff. In addition to her duties in the inpatient ward, she is the program director for the paediatric cardiology fellowship program and oversees the cardiology training for the paediatric residents.
- Wong KK, Fournier A, Fruitman DS, Graves L, Human DG, Narvey M, Russell JL. Canadian Cardiovascular Society / Canadian Pediatric Cardiology Association position statement on pulse oximetry screening in newborns to enhance detection of critical congenital heart disease. Canadian Journal of Cardiology 2016: 33 (2): pp 199 – 208.
- Bates KE, Madsen NL, Khadr L. Gao Z, Crawford K, Gaies M, Graupe M, Hanke SP, Hlavacek AM, Morell E, Pasquali SK, Russell JL, Schachtner SK, Tanel RE, Ware Al, Kipps AK. Centre variation in chest tube duration and length of stay after congenital heart surgery. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2019: Epub ahead of print.
- Longmuir PE, Tyrell PN, Corey M, Faulkner G, Russell JL, McCrindle BW. Home-based rehabilitation enhances daily physical and motor skill in children who have undergone the Fontan procedure. Pediatric Cardiology 2013: 34: pp 1130–1151.
- Longmuir PE, Russell JL, Corey M, Faulkner G, McCrindle BW. Factors associated with the physical activity of children who have the Fontan procedure. American Heart Journal, 2011: 161: pp 411-417.
- McCrindle BW, Williams RV, Mital S, Clark BJ, Russell JL, Klein G, Eisemann JC. Physical activity levels in children and adolescents are reduced after the Fontan procedure, independent of exercise capacity, and are associated with lower perceived general health. Archives of Disease in Children 2007: 92 (6): pp 509-514.