Dr. Susanne Perschbacher is an Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologist working part-time as a consultant in the Department of Dentistry at SickKids. She is an Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry where she teaches in the undergraduate and graduate programs. She also maintains a private radiology practice part-time. She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada, a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology and a lead author of the textbook “Diagnostic Imaging: Oral and Maxillofacial”.
Research interests include quality control in dental imaging, technology in education and radiologic features of disease of the jaws.
Education and experience
- 1998–2002: Undergraduate DDS, Western University, London, ON
- 2002–2003: Dental Resident, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON
- 2003–2006: Specialty training and M.Sc. in Oral Radiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2006–present: Assistant Professor, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- 2006–present: Private Practice Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Toronto, ON
- 2018–present: Oral Radiologist, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- Perschbacher S. Interpretation of panoramic radiographs. Aust Dent J. 2012;57 Suppl 1:40-45. doi:10.1111/j.1834-7819.2011.01655.x
- Thang TST, Kishen A, Moayedi M, Tyrrell PN, Zhao W, Perschbacher SE. The effects of physical photostimulable phosphor plate artifacts on the radiologic interpretation of periapical inflammatory disease. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2020;129(6):621-628. doi:10.1016/j.oooo.2019.11.001
- Chan KC, Perschbacher SE, Lam EW, et al. Mandibular changes on panoramic imaging after head and neck radiotherapy. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2016;121(6):666-672. doi:10.1016/j.oooo.2016.01.023
- Lukat TD, Perschbacher SE, Pharoah MJ, Lam EW. The effects of voxel size on cone beam computed tomography images of the temporomandibular joints. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2015;119(2):229-237. doi:10.1016/j.oooo.2014.10.015
- Salajan FD, Perschbacher SE, Cash M, Talway R, El-Badrawy W, Mount GJ. Learning with web-based interactive objects: An investigation into student perceptions of effectiveness. Comput Educ Nov;53(3)632-43, 2009.