Title: Manager, Clinical Research, Labatt Family Heart Centre
Designations: B.Sc., B.Ed., PhD
Christine Kerr completed her bachelor of science degree with a specialization in Biology at McMaster University in 2006. After completing her bachelor of education degree at Brock University, becoming qualified to teach high school Biology and Chemistry, Christine decided to pursue graduate studies at McMaster University. In 2013, Christine defended her PhD in Medical Sciences (Cancer and Genetics specialization), completing her thesis on the roles of Hedgehog and AP-2 Signalling in lens development.
Kerr has worked in clinical research for six years, working in areas including Endocrinology, Oncology and Cardiology.
Education and experience
- 2002–2006: Honours Bachelor of Science, Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
- 2006–2007: Bachelors of Education, Int./Senior Biology and Chemistry, Brock University, St. Catharines, ON
- 2007–2013: Doctor of Philosophy, Medical Sciences (Cancer and Genetics), McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
- 2014–2016: Research Technologist, Dept. of Endocrinology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 2016–2019: Clinical Research Project Coordinator, Dept. of Endocrinology, The Hospital For Sick Children, Toronto, ON
- 2017–2018: Clinical Research Project Manager, Clinical Research Services, Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto, ON
- 2019–present: Clinical Research Manager, Labatt Family Heart Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON