Program Director, Movement Disorder Fellowship
Dr. Carolina Gorodetsky completed a general paediatric residency at the Technion in Haifa, Israel. In 2017, she moved to Canada to complete a three-year training as a core paediatric neurology fellow at SickKids Hospital, Toronto. She then undertook a combined fellowship in paediatric and adult movement disorders and neuromodulation at SickKids and Toronto Western Hospitals. She is completing her MSc through the Institute of Medical Science at the University of Toronto.
Dr. Gorodetsky joined the Neurology division at SickKids Hospital, Toronto, Canada in 2021 to work in the movement disorders discipline and neuromodulation in the paediatric population. She continues the multi-disciplinary collaborative work in establishing the first Canadian paediatric deep brain stimulation clinic at SickKids Hospital.
The overall goal of Dr. Gorodetsky’s research program is to explore the clinical, genetic and environmental factors contributing to favorable outcomes of neuromodulation in the paediatric population. Her research is also concentrating on discovering potential therapies for rare movement disorders.
Education and experience
- 2022–present: MSc student, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Ontario
- 2021–present: Staff Physician, Movement Disorders and Neuromodulation Specialist, Division of Neurology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario
- 2021–present: Assistant Professor, Department of Paediatrics, University of Toronto, Ontario
- 2020–2021: Paediatric Movement Disorder and Neuromodulation Fellowship, Clinical and Research Fellow, Paediatric Neurology, University of Toronto, Hospital for Sick Children/Toronto Western Hospital, Ontario, Canada
- 2017–2020: Paediatric Neurology Fellowship, Clinical Fellow, University of Toronto, The Hospital for Sick Children, Ontario, Canada
- 2015–2016: Staff Paediatrician, Rambam Health Campus, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
- 2015–2017: Staff Pediatrician, Head of International Paediatric Services, Ruth Rappaport Children Hospital, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
- 2011–2015: Paediatric Residency, Resident, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Rambam Health Care Campus, Meir’s Children Hospital, Haifa, Israel
- 2013–2015: Chief resident in Paediatrics, Rambam Health Care Campus, Meir’s Children Hospital, Haifa, Israel
- 2009–2010: Internship, Rambam Health Care Campus, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
- 2006–2009: Medical Assistant in Internal Medicine, Bnei-Zion Center, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
- 2008: Sub-Internship, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- 2021: CanMed Award, Paediatric Neurology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2020: Clinician Scientist Training Program (CSTP), CBMH Integrative Fellowship Scholarship, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2020: Canadian Graduate Master Scholarship (C-GMS), CIHR, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Carolina Gorodetsky, Alfonso Fasano. (2021). How do I start programming Deep Brain stimulation in Parkinson disease patients. Movement disorders- clinical practice. 8(4): 639-644.
- Arunan Selvarajah, Carolina Gorodetsky, Paula Marques, Quratulain Zulfiqar Ali, Anne T. Berg, Alfonso Fasano, Danielle M. Andrade. (2021). Progressive worsening of gait and motor abnormalities in older adults. Neurology. 2022 Apr 13:10.1212/WNL.0000000000200341. doi: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000200341. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35418450
- Gorodetsky, C.; Azevedo, P.; Candeias da Silva, C.; Fasano, A. Factors Influencing the Surgical Decision in Dystonia Patients Referred for Deep Brain Stimulation. Toxins 2021, 13, 511.
- Fasano A, Gorodetsky C, Paul D, Germann J, Loh A, Yan H, Carlen PL, Breitbart S, Lozano AM, Ibrahim GM, Kalia SK. Local Field Potential-Based Programming: A Proof-of-Concept Pilot Study. Neuromodulation. 2021 Aug 18. doi: 10.1111/ner.13520. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34406680.
- Han Yan MD, Lauren Siegel MSc, Sara Breitbart RN(EC), MN, NP, Carolina Gorodetsky MD, Hernan Gonorazky MD, MSc, Ivanna Yau RN, NP, Cristina Go MD, Elizabeth Donner MD, MSc, Suneil K. Kalia MD, PhD, Alfonso Fasano MD, PhD, Alexander G. Weil MD, Aria Fallah, MD, George M. Ibrahim, MD, PhD. (2021). The Child & Youth Comprehensive Longitudinal Database for Deep Brain Stimulation (CHILDDBS). Child's Nervous System 37(S29).