Title: Medical Director, Cleft Lip and Palate Program, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Designations: B.Sc., MB B.Ch., FRCSC, FACS, BFA
Alternate Contact Name: Wendy Beaton
Alternate Phone: 416-813-6445
Alternate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
U of T Positions: Professor, Department of Surgery
Education and experience
- 1980–1984: B.Sc., Queen’s University
- 1984–1990: MB BCh, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- 1990–1995: General Surgery Residency,GRAMEC/MSU
- 1995–1997: Plastic Surgery Residency, GRAMEC/MSU
- 1977–1999: Pediatric and Craniofacial Fellowships, Daniel Marchac, Paris; Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan; Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- 2000–Present – Plastic Surgeon, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- Fisher DM: Unilateral cleft lip repair - an anatomic subunit approximation technique. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2005: 116, No. 1: pp 61-71.
- Kasrai L, Snyder-Warwick AK, Fisher DM: Single-stage autologous ear reconstruction for microtia. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2014: 133(3): pp 652-662.
- Antonarakis GS, Tompson BD, Fisher DM: Preoperative cleft lip measurements and maxillary growth in patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal 2016: 53(6): pp e198.
- Podolsky D, Fisher DM, Wong KW, Looi T, Drake J, Forrest CR: Evaluation and implementation of a high-fidelity cleft palate simulator. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2017: 139(1): pp 85e-96e.
- Tse RW, Mercan E, Fisher DM, Hopper RA, Birgfeld CB, Gruss JS: Unilateral cleft lip nasal deformity: Foundation-based approach to primary rhinoplasty. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2019: 144(5): pp 1138-1149.