Title: Ophthalmologist, Department of Ophthalmology & Vision Sciences
Designations: MD, FRCSC
Alternate Contact Name: Charlotte Ponsonby
Alternate Email: email@example.com
U of T Positions: Lecturer, Department of Ophthalmology
Dr. Crystal Cheung is a pediatric ophthalmologist. She received her ungraduated degree from McMaster and obtained her MD degree from University of Ottawa. Her ophthalmology training was at University of Toronto and fellowship training was at Boston Children’s Hospital / Mass Eye & Ear infirmary. She has a special interest in pediatric uveitis and had additional training at Boston Medical Center.
Education and experience
- 2018–2019: Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology, Boston Children’s Hospital/Mass Eye & Ear Infirmary, Harvard University
- 2013–2018: Residency in Ophthalmology, University of Toronto
- 2009–2013: MD, University of Ottawa
- 2005–2009: Bachelor of Health Sciences, McMaster University
- 2018: House Staff Developmental Award, Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2017: Best Original Paper in Pediatric Ophthalmology, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- 2016: Wing Chan Award: Excellence in Pediatric Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto
- Alabduljalil T, Cheung CS, VandenHoven C, MacKeen LD, Kirby M, Kertes PJ, Lam WC. Retinal ultra-wide field imaging versus clinical fundus exam to screen for sickle cell retinopathy. Br J Ophthalmol 2020 [manuscript accepted for publication].
- Cheung CS, Yang E, Robertson R, Mantagos I. Prenatal diagnosis of intraconal lymphatic malformation on fetal MRI. J AAPOS 2020;24:113-115.
- Cheung CS, Mireskandari K, Ali A, Silverman E. Tehrani NN. Earlier use of systemic immunosuppression is associated with fewer ophthalmic surgeries in pediatric non-infectious uveitis. Br J Ophthalmol 2020;104:938-942.
- Cheung CS, Vanderveen DK. Intraocular Lens Techniques in Pediatric Eyes with Insufficient Capsular Support: Complications and Outcomes. Semin Ophthalmol. 2019;34:293-302.
- Cheung CS, Jekielek A, Bakshi N, Muni R, Altomare F, Giavedoni L, Berger A, Matukas LM, Wong D, Derzko-Dzulynsky. Clinical features of infectious posterior segment uveitis. Can J Ophthalmol 2018;53:425-31.