Dr. Branson graduated from the University of Sydney and completed a general medical residency, followed by radiology residency and pediatric fellowship at the Children's Hospital Westmead in Sydney. She then began a neuroradiology and cardiac fellowship at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), followed by a further fellowship in advanced paediatric neuroradiology, where she is now a staff neuroradiologist. She has a particular interest in the fields of neonatal imaging and neuroinflammatory brain disease.
Branson has developed a protocol for performing fast MRI for follow-up patients with ventricular shunts. She is actively involved in the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Program which facilitates Multiple Sclerosis (MS) research in hopes of better understanding the disease (particularly in children) so that effective therapies/treatments can be established. Dr. Branson's role involves reporting the MRI's from these studies. She is also working with Dr. Steven Miller's group in scoring of white matter lesions in premature neonates.
Dr. Branson's current research includes brain development (including brain malformations, specializing in midline abnormalities), paediatric MS, and imaging of the preterm neonate.
- 1991–1996: MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (Honours Class II), University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- 1988–1990: B.Sc., Zoology/Marine Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Postgraduate, research and specialty training
- 2006–2008: Advanced Neuroimaging Fellow, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2005–2005: Paediatric Cardiac Radiology Fellow, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2004–2004: Paediatric Neuroradiology Fellow, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2003–2003: Paediatric Radiology Fellow, Westmead Children’s Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia
- 2001–2002: Radiology Registrar (Resident), Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia
- 1999–2000: Radiology Registrar (Resident), Concord Repatriation General Hospital, NSW, Australia
- 1997–1999: Intern and Resident Medical Officer, Concord Repatriation General Hospital, NSW, Australia
- 2005–2006: Consultant Radiologist, Westmead Children’s Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia