Surgical Oncology Clinic
- 170 Elizabeth St., Unit 5D, 5th Floor
About the Clinic
The Surgical Oncology Clinic is a specialized service for the assessment and treatment of:
- Children and adolescents with masses of the neck, chest or abdomen which may be related to cancer
- New patients with an established diagnosis of cancer, including those involving the liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, lungs, mediastinum, skin, lymph nodes and other soft tissues
- Patients with an established diagnosis of cancer who require short-term follow-up for their surgical procedure and/or may need long-term surveillance
Staff from other divisions, such as Haematology/Oncology and Dermatology, attend the clinic as required.
What to bring:
- Copies of reports or imaging (CDs) pertinent to your appointment
Important pre-appointment instructions:
Your child may be requested to go for testing prior to the consultation, such as an ultrasound or GI study. If so, the clinic information clerk will provide you with details on fasting instructions and where to go for registration.
Registration takes place at the General Surgery Clinic on Unit 5D. Take the Atrium elevators to the 5th floor and walk to 5D.
What to Expect During Your Visit
Your appointment is for a consultation with a general surgeon. You will be assessed first by the clinic nurse, and then members of the General Surgery team, which may include residents, medical students, fellows and a nurse practitioner, working in collaboration with the staff surgeon.
If this is a new consultation, you may be booked for surgery on a future date or you may be requested to return for follow-up testing or monitoring.
If it is determined that your child will require surgery, you will be contacted by the surgeon’s administrative assistant to arrange a surgical date.
If your child requires a follow-up appointment, you will be instructed to see the information clerk prior to leaving the clinic.
Visit Division of General and Thoracic Surgery
Calling to confirm or have a question about your clinic appointment: 416-813-7272 New patient calling about the status of your referral: 416-813-2158
Coming to a clinic appointment
It's important to come prepared and be on time for a clinic appointment. Visit Coming for Clinic Appointments to read appointment guidelines that are applicable for most clinical appointments at SickKids.
You’ll find information on how to prepare and what to bring, what to do if you/your child are sick before your appointment or you need to cancel, and important things to know about the SickKids philosophy.