Paediatric Consultation Clinic (PCC)
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (except for holidays)
About the Clinic
The Paediatric Consultation Clinic (PCC) provides consultations for patients from the GTA and throughout Ontario with complex paediatric problems. Referrals are accepted from paediatricians who require a second opinion or assessment/management by an interdisciplinary team.
The PCC team consists of several paediatricians and nurses. A dietician, social worker and psychologist are also available. Several special interest clinics are part of the PCC, including a Neurofibromatosis Clinic, the Infant and Toddler Growth and Feeding Program (for children under three years with failure to thrive) and a Complex Care Clinic which provides a link with the paediatric in-patient unit for patients with complex medical problems who require follow-up at SickKids.
In addition to clinical care, the PCC team plays a role in teaching paediatric residents and fellows. Visit Paediatric Medicine to learn more.
The referral process:
- All patients require a referral to visit our clinic.
- If you are a health-care professional, log in to eCHN to submit your referral. From your eCHN account, you will be seamlessly connected to SickKids e-referral platform, EpicCare Link.
- Learn more about our referral process.
- For urgent referrals only (same day referrals), contact eCHN’s Helpdesk directly 416-813-7998 or 1-877-252-9900, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On weekends and after 6 p.m. on weekdays, please contact the Fellow on call via SickKids Locating at 416-813-1500.
Coming to a clinic appointment
It's important to come prepared and be on time for a clinic appointment. Visit Coming for Clinic Appointments to read appointment guidelines that are applicable for most clinical appointments at SickKids.
You’ll find information on how to prepare and what to bring, what to do if you/your child are sick before your appointment or you need to cancel, and important things to know about the SickKids philosophy.